In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
The Analysis Platform team develops a unique platform, service, and suite of tools that enables AI development for teams across Cognition and Microsoft.
AI projects require massive data inputs, compute, and meticulous analytics in order to be successful. Help build the storage and workflow system that stores and processes petabytes of AI inputs. Help develop and optimize the 60,000 core distributed compute infrastructure running across the globe. Help create data structures, tools, and visualizations that drive deep understanding of AI algorithms. Work with teams across Microsoft developing AI technologies & products & help them succeed.
We need a developer that will help us take this platform to the next level, preparing for installations outside of Microsoft.
.What you'll need
* 3+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software with at least one of C/C++/C#/Java
* Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Strong customer focus
* Understanding of web related protocols and standards, such as HTTP, SSL, REST and JSON.
* BA/BS/MS in computer science, engineering or related field, or a minimum of 4 additional years of industry experience
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have:-
* Experience with designing, building and operating highly available, highly reliable systems.
* Experience with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems
* User Interface development using Vue or React frameworks
* Familiarity with SQL databases and/or noSQL document stores
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work in a team with years of experience shipping cloud services with high availability and scale
* Learn the unique requirements of building state-of-the-art AI runtimes with large machine learned components, and the types of data processing needed to support them
* Collaborate with customers and understand their technology to ensure their solutions make the best use of the platform
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.