We are the Azure Data teams part of the C+E Azure organization. Data Magnet teams present interesting challenges in technologies such as cloud, storage and open-source. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for running database engines on Azure. We work with various open-source technologies like Kubernetes, Docker Containers, etc., Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB and make contributions to these technologies. We are creating a Hybrid Database as a service system, which can scale across various cloud including on-premise datacenters. We are building next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model cloud database services. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace.
* 5+ years of programming experience in Golang OR Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
* Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers
* Experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
* Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
* Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
* Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
* Great curiosity and willingness to question.
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
* Experience with Open Source Big Data Stack such as Hadoop, HIVE, SPARK, HBASE etc.
* Understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in compute and container hosting to build a massively scalable unified cloud service framework, get to work on heterogeneous transport protocols, apply innovative algorithms for solving placement and load balancing problems at scale. We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges, and along the way, change the world. We're looking for engineers to build them from the ground up. Want to change the world with data and large-scale distributed systems? Do you want to solve challenges that you didn't even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Azure data team!
Candidate may also choose to work from the Sunnyvale, California office.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.