How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
CE41 Principal Software Engineer
Software Deputy Lead
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday's, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. View it here: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), located in Richardson, Texas(Cityline)is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Deputy Lead.
Job Description: The Software (SW) Deputy Lead will be assigned to a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line and serve on the program's Software Leadership Team. The SW Deputy will support the SW Lead and as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team. The SW Deputy candidate will work with Peer Leads within an evolving incremental development organization. The selected candidate will assist in supporting the development of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, ensuring quality and schedule commitments are met, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of SW program metrics, removing obstacles for the team and helping to resolve problems. A demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), should also be within the experience scope of the candidate.
The selected candidate must have an active Top Secret Clearance, TS/SCI preferred.
Job responsibilities include:
* Strong and effective communication skills in both written and verbal formats
* Collaborate with peer organizations like system engineering, infrastructure, security engineering and quality assurance
* Evaluate and recommend processes to ensure the highest quality product framework and SDKs for developers of new applications
* Evaluate and recommend techniques to improve code quality
* Investigate and resolve support issues and contribute to the program's continuous process improvements.
* Self-motivated; self-directed
* EVMS certified
* Experienced supporting large program software development
* Ability to interface with external customers and internal senior leadership
* 3+ years of EVMS experience managing control accounts with a large discrete effort content
* Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a complex team environment
* Provide direction and follow-up with team members
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to drive actions to closure
* Effective interviewing skills
* Ability to facilitate the onboarding of new members
* BOE Developer certification (can be attained post hire)
* Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, and automated testing.
* Experience developing in Java and C++ applications and with UI development
* Experience developing micro-services.
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.