What You'll Do
Cisco's Advanced Services (AS) Software Integration and Orchestration (SIO) team is looking for an experienced Software Consulting Engineer with skillsets and experience in Orchestration & Network Automation. The team works with large Service Provider and Enterprise customers to help transform their networks to virtualized, automated, cloud enabled, self-healing and secure network systems. The Automation solutions cover both physical and virtual infrastructure including Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Hardware/Software Disaggregation, Cloud, DC, WAN, Mobility and Security infrastructure.
This role will lead Automation & Orchestration Advisory and Delivery engagements with customers leveraging both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) software tools and solutions. The Automation solutions may be comprised of software products & tools such as Tail-NSO, NFV solutions to automate Cisco and 3rd party Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
Who You Are
The Team is comprised of Automation Architects, Software Development Leads and Developers who work in an Agile model with CI/CD tools and processes. The day-to-day activities are;
* understand the customer requirements for process integration, automation & orchestration, solution customization and enhancements.
* advise customer on possible solution options and value proposition, implement Cisco and 3rd party products with required extensions and customization,
* integrate into existing customer's legacy OSS/BSS systems
* perform integration, system & acceptance testing in various non-production as well as in a customer's production environment
* and then provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
Who You'll Work With
The Team interacts with Customers, Business Units, Sales team and Technical Services during the lifecycle of a project through Presales scoping/Proof-Of-Concept/Project delivery/Optimization. The role is to lead a virtual team of SMEs spread globally.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The person works with customer technical leads, middle management and executives in trusted advisor capacity. The responsibilities include:
* Collect the current state of the Customer's technical and operational environment
* Collaboratively build the vision and strategy for desired Customer outcomes, both near- and long-term
* Crystallize the current and future state into an overall Automation architectural blueprint for the Customer
* Identify and Conceptualize the Automation use cases against the customer pain points in Operations, Engineering, and Product Management
* Design and Implement Proof-Of-Concept solutions
* Provide business justification of the solution with ROI data analysis
* Perform maturity assessments for Customers against peers and industry
* Grow the Cisco IP and benchmarking database of content for unique differentiation of Advanced Services capabilities
Candidate must be experienced on Agile Software Development methodology.
The person should have prior experience (about 8 years) of leading complex and highly scalable customer projects. The person should have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. The person should be self-motivated and able to work independently and/or in support of or leading small teams.
The person should be familiar with Automation of Networking technologies including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and SDN/NFV solutions. The key skillsets needed are:
* Customer facing experience to manage vision, scope and deliverables of the project.
* Building and leveraging automation capability maturity models
* Automation Solutions such as Tail-f/NSO, OpenStack, Ansible, Chef/Puppet
* Management tools including Provisioning, Assurance, Change Management and CRM/Billing
* Software Integration - Web Services (SOAP/REST), NETCONF, Enterprise Service Bus(ESB). Workflow-based integration platforms
* Deep understanding of various software testing strategies
* DevOps and SDLC toolsets (Jenkins, Git, Automated Testing Frameworks)
* Networking Architectures including DC, WAN, Campus, Mobility, Security
* Virtualization & Cloud (VMware, OpenStack, NFV solutions)
* Assurance & Analytics including Big Data, AI, Machine Learning algorithms
* Architectural & Framework Standards such as ETSI, TMN, eTOM IEFT, ITIL, ONAP
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.