Partners Data Systems
We have an immediate requirement for a SCM Engineer with our client in Woodland Hill, CA.
Employment Type - 4+ months contract
Interview Process - Phone
* Create and deploy the next generation of software configuration management (SCM) and release management (RM) infrastructure, incorporating best practices.
* Set SCM / RM priorities, recommend strategies and solutions, anticipate issues, and create accurate deployment schedules.
* Adopt or develop tools to automate the build and release process of moderate to high complexity, including regression testing, and script, debug problems with software builds using a variety of build and deployment tools (such as ANT, Maven, , NAnt, MSBuild, BMC BladeLogic ARA, WS Service Deploy)
* Write installation scripts or programs to promote software from development environments through test environments and into production environments, ensuring that each environment is correct and consistent.
* Proficiently use one or more scripting Languages - (e.g. Perl, Batch (.bat), VB Script, Python, Jython, Shell Scripts etc.) and develops scripts to support the automation of any SCM task
* Maintain source code repository SCM tool (Perforce), Subversion, CVS, Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server and perform the tasks such as, backups, restores, creating new projects and branches, analyze database etc., work with others to decide upon build timing, and implement branching and merging strategies.
* Reporting and auditing the SCM activities, tasks and processes.
* Comprehends and explains to others the Check-Out/Check-In, Branching/Merging to control the Release Management Process
* Implement the SCM strategies that support Change Management processes, addressing end-to-end process controls.
* Collect, analyze, and report build-related metrics and uses these metrics to identify areas for process improvement. Work with Engineers to implement improvements.
* Working on Wepsphere Application Server, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish, WAS Admin tasks, Configuration, Deployments etc.
* Expertise in designing and setting continuous integration, build and deployment process.
* Supporting multiple J2EE technology, and Microsoft technology based projects
* Working in Sun Solaris, Unix environments, and Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop environments, and CITRIX Environments
* Familiar with SDLC Methodologies
* Building systems for Data Center and Disaster Recovery sites
* Ability to diagnose and fix build, deployment and infrastructure issues
* Provide system support for multiple development teams and system users
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience.
* 7+ years experience with software development, with working knowledge of software development
* 5+ years of SCM experience, including applying SCM/RM concepts, tools, and methodologies.
* Expertise in industry SCM tools; e.g. Perforce, CVS, Visual Source Safe, etc.
* Very strong Shell/Perl/Python Scripting expertise
* Expertise in WebSphere Administration tasks, Configuration settings etc.
* Experience in processing complex service requests, such as setting up project builds or creating new scripts, with appropriate controls
* Possesses working knowledge and hands-on experience with Java/J2EE technology, Microsoft VB / .NET Technology platforms
* Must possess strong management, analysis, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to plan and track complex, detailed projects using Microsoft Project.
* Knowledge of consumer and/or business software applications.
* Must have good understanding of and sensitivity to the issues around operating services, not just shipping shrink-wrap software.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.