We are now seeking a Software Business Analyst to join our Government Programs (GP) team in Austin, TX. You should have the ability to handle a fast-paced business environment and work collaboratively under tight deadlines, with a range of positions and levels of authority. You should also possess the qualities of excellent communication, organizational talents, efficient, conscientious, and reliable work habits.
A week in the life of a Software Business Analyst:
* You will be responsible for requirement engineering: gather, document and manage the software requirements, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
* You will take full ownership of the requirements specifications lifecycle throughout the projects execution, and be accountable for reaching the expected level of quality
* You will participate in the tender response to cover the software business aspects.
* You will study and understand customer needs, constraints and business processes.
* You will support the project manager and the technical team to understand the customer needs as well as delivering recommendations to all the stakeholders.
* You will include Gemalto's internal requirements (process, quality, security, product…) and constraints into project requirements.
* You will support Project Manager in defining the project scope and ensuring its control
* You will write the requirements specifications documents for the project by using the most efficient format (text, UML diagrams, graphics…)
* You will be the requirements reference for the project manager, the development and QA teams, throughout the project implementation.
* You will manage and track the requirements specification changes.
* You will contribute to knowledge sharing and continuous improvement programs.
* You will use corporate tools for documentation and other project related activities
* You will report progress against deadlines as requested to project and team management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
To succeed at this job, you must have a previous experience in software business analysis
You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong analytical and conceptual mindset
You must have strong negotiation and presentation skills, and be able to adapt to diverse attendance (from technical to executives), and a natural ability to simplify and synthetize complex concepts
It would be preferred if you have experience in software development and/or technical project Management
You must be fluent in English.
We would like someone to join our team who is a strong team-player with proven team development experience and a willingness to adapt to new context, be customer and solution oriented with a pragmatic approach
You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. You must have the U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship, as per CFIUS requirements.
We are looking for someone with 5 years of experience in software business analysis, with a very good analytical mind, problem solving skills, curious and creative, autonomous, able and willing to learn.
You must be able to travel up to 30% of the time domestically during the workshops and specifications phases.
You will have the possibility to grow professionally in the team and in the company
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.