Caci International Inc
Software Build and Release Engineer
Req #: 223691
Location: Florham Park, NJ US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
Under limited supervision develop and execute automated and manual software system test suites and perform data analysis to assess product/solution functionality per customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and develop software build and release procedures.
* Maintain documentation on build and release procedures.
* Create branches for release to production, managing them, and helping developers back port bug fixes, or directing commits to the correct branch.
* Perform software builds and prepare software releases.
* Coordinate with CM teams on Software Version Description documents.
* Evaluate current build and release tools and select new tools as appropriate.
* Perform manual and automated tests on build environment and packaging changes.
* Maintain and monitor continuous build and automated test environment.
* Travel to other CACI Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Secret clearance.
* Experienced working with Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems.
* Experience with Software Configuration Management collaboration tools, defect tracking tools, and version control tools for documents.
* Experience developing custom build automation solutions in scripting languages including Perl, Unix shell, Python, and Windows batch languages.
* Experience developing CM and build-related processes and procedures, including master/trunk branching.
* Experienced working with software development teams to define product build requirements and constraints.
* Experience with software configuration management, build, defect tracking, and source control tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket (or similar), Git, Maven, and Artifcatory.
* Experienced in installing and configuring and administering CM, build, defect tracking, and source coded control tools.
* Demonstrated ability and knowledge of make and build tools, SPEC file handling and RPM packaging, use of virtualization environments, etc. for deliveries
* Experience performing configuration management functions under multiple software development lifecylces such as Agile and Waterfall.
* Familiarity with Atlassian tools and Docker will be an added advantage.
* Excellent communication skills
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc