JP Morgan Chase
Software/Big Data Engineer
Req #: 180114958
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment & Corporate Banking; Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking; financial transaction processing; asset management and private equity.
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for firmwide asset and liability management, including:
* Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm's four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through the global investment securities portfolio.
* Managing the firm's funding and liabilities through long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing the short term cash deployment activities.
* Aggregating and managing the firm's liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements.
* Aggregating and managing the firm's structural foreign exchange risk.
* Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights on behalf of the Mortgage Bank.
* Managing the company-sponsored retirement plan.
The Treasury and CIO technology team is looking for a Big data developer with expertise in design and implementation of high data volume solution, for the Forecasting and Analytics work streams of global finance.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental tool sets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
* Own product features from the requirements gathering phase through to production deployment
* Identify and specify complex business requirements and processes.
* Research, evaluate & recommend solutions to achieve those requirements.
* Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy application to production through standard processes
* Plan delivery of work, including creating story plans, and being an active member of team stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning
* Partner with other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions
* Conduct design & code reviews in a Continuous Deployment environment
* Support system testing, user testing and production implementation.
* Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* Ability to interact with technology and business partners
* Ability to lead team in geographically distributed locations across multiple time zones
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* 5+ years of experience with Big data tools and technologies
* Experience with Hadoop and related technologies such as Spark, Hive, Impala
* Hands on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages like Python, Java, Scala
* Strong relational databases and SQL skills
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Experience building scalable and flexible software frameworks
* Financial experience is a must
* Experience with ETL
* Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, Qlikview
* NoSQL/Big Data: Cassandra
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.