A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
* Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
* Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
* Train, coach, and supervise team members
* Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT architecture and engineering designs and domains.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in making IT design recommendations, including the following areas:
* Architectural design and application delivery;
* Established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall, using blended resources;
* Robust analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug and resolve technical issues;
* Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
* Protection of intellectual property, disaster recovery planning and adherence to SDLC as well as COBIT, CMMI, PMM4, and ITIL;
* Architectural domain knowledge including cloud application architecture and container-based deployment;
* Business acumen that can interpret and translate goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change; and
* Business knowledge and interpersonal skills to build, maintain and influence relationships with senior leaders.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in strategic IT including the following areas:
* Leveraging business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans;
* Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
* Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
* Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
* Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
* Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
* Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues; providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
* Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues and application rationalization;
* Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others;
* Providing coaching and technical mentoring; and
* Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
PricewaterhouseCoopers offers auditing, accounting, and assurance services.