Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
Salesforce has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software architects who want to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line, and the industry. Software Architects are responsible for software architecture our Cloud SaaS applications. The Architect helps to build the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and technology leaders on strategic direction in general. He/she works with engineering leaders and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions.
This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication with all the engineering organization.
Click here to learn more about our Ohana Culture!
* Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
* Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions
* Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
* Works in a consultative fashion with other organizations such as security and operations
* Provide leadership to engineers, QE and product partners
* Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
* Oversees software architecture within the scope of assigned systems
* Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
Skills and Experience
* C#, Java, J2EE, Spring
* RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
* AWS or other public clouds
* Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
* Enterprise integration architecture and - patterns
* Agile SDLC
* Capacity planning
* HA/DR system strategies
* REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
* Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, MDA, EIA, etc
* Experience with high-volume SaaS applications that manage data and traffic at massive, "IoT" Scale
* Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
* Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
* Strong writing and presentation skills.
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Experience with Instrumentation tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, Statsd & Instrumental
* Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Elastic Search, Kafka, Hbase, Spark, etc
* Experience with the Salesforce CRM application and platform
* BS in related field and at least 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
* Experience as engineering leader: process, culture
* Practical development and coding experience
* SCRUM Master a plus
* Experience leading small teams a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.