Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce Audience Studio manages 40 pb of data and handles 15B requests per day. We have an immediate opportunity for an extremely talented software architect who wants to have a significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line, and the industry. The Architect helps to build the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and technology leaders on strategic direction in general. He/she works with engineering leaders and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions.
This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication with all the engineering organization.
Click here to learn more about our Ohana Culture!
* Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, reliability, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
* Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions
* Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
* Works in a consultative fashion with other organizations
* Provides leadership to engineers, QE and platform engineering
* Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
* Oversees software architecture within the scope of assigned systems
Skills and Experience
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
* Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Kafka, Hbase, Spark, Elastic Search, etc
* Stream-processing systems such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
* AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB and Redshift
* Ad Servers such as Doubleclick, AppNexus, Sizmek, etc
* Identity resolution services such as Liveramp, neustar, experian, etc
* Graph computing and graph databases is a plus
* Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
* Enterprise integration architecture and - patterns
* REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
* Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts:
micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, MDA, EIA, etc
* Experience with high-volume SaaS applications that manage data and traffic at massive Scale
* RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
* Deep understanding of REST API design principles and implementations
* Experience with developer tools like git, maven, sbt
* Experience with machine learning is a plus
* Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
* Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
* Strong writing and presentation skills.
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong leadership skills
* BS in related field and at least 10 years of relevant experience, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
* Experience as engineering leader: process, culture
* Practical development and coding experience
* SCRUM Master a plus
* Experience leading small teams a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.