* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject; Master's degree is a plus
* 10+ years of IT experience with 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale application/system/platform/integration architectures
* Full stack architect with deep understating of software development practices
* Proven strong technical architecture with extended experience in the latest frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, Redux and NodeJS
* Deep understanding of Digital Learning Platforms and Solutions
* Experience working with Content Management Platform (DRUPAL 7 and above)
* Experience with Micro service-based architecture and containerization technologies such as Docker
* Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, SonarQube, etc.
* Experience with DevOps processes, culture and tools (e.g. GoCD, GitHub, Ansible)
* Identify industry best practices in architecture and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business.
* Sound knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms
* Good grip on non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
* Deep understanding of Secure coding practices
* Experiences of code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
* Advanced understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization strategies and best practices
* Knowledge of Enterprise Search technologies
* Knowledge of agile software development process
Who You'll Work With
You will be a core member of the Technology & Digital team working out of our New York office. Our group provides technology support for all of the firm's internal software development needs. You will be working closely with the Global Learning Team.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
What You'll Do
You will be a key contributor on the Global Learning team and will oversee the technical architecture, design and delivery of all Digital Learning Platforms and Solutions within the firm.
In this role your goal will be to provide learners with access to the knowledge they need, at the time and place they need it, that is useful, engaging and drives impact for them and the firm. You will provide thought leadership to the senior leaders for the direction of the overall product portfolio and how to manage and evolve our architectures.
You will work with multiple teams to provide technical guidance, oversight and identify industry best practices in architecture and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business. You will provide leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes and technologies.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.