What you'll be doing...
You will help define, design, develop and architect product solutions utilizing Software defined Networking (SDN) technologies and facilitate the development process. You will be go to person to the team for Software architecture and Software development. You will build deep consultative technical relationships with internal customers as well as external customers, understand customer's high-level objectives and match these to solutions and propose new solutions.
* Recommend product design and product integration strategies, enterprise networking architectures, networking platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
* Discuss the pros and cons of product solutions with operations team, understand the pain points, operational issues and gather requirements. Discuss and review the requirements with Development team.
* Go through the Current Architecture and design of Solutions around SDN Technologies and propose design enhancements to cover High Availability and Micro services architecture. Review the design with team.
* Hands on software development, unit testing, Integration testing, Code Reviews and develop regression test plans to harden the software. Work with Automation team to automate the Software testing.
* Own the technical relationship with Verizon customers and solution vendors, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources. Work directly with customers/vendors to create solutions and use cases that leverage Verizon product integrations that generate business value.
* Follow Verizon development and release process. Delivery quality code drop to Verizon internal labs and co-ordinate the installation and testing.
* Break down high level project requirements to workable tasks. Develop comprehensive project plans by coordinating across stakeholders.
* Manage projects throughout entire execution cycle to make sure success as defined by project scope, budget, and timeline.
* Monitor project progress on a regular basis and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
* Proactively communicate the project status, issues and road blocks with stakeholder.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in architecting or designing network software systems.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Fifteen or more years of relevant experience in the networking software industry with experience in software product architecture, design and development.
* Software programming experience using Java, Python and Go. Experience in code reviews root causing the design logic issues. Excellent problem solving skills.
* Experience in designing micro service architecture and migrating from monolithic software architecture to micro service architecture.
* Experience in architecting and developing software for scalable Infrastructure and distributed systems.
* Experience in using the NOSQL databases, Interfacing NOSQL with Application and scaling Application infrastructure.
* Experience with networking concepts including software defined networking, virtual network services, routing, L2/L3 forwarding, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
* Experience integrating open source software, message bus(kafka), clustering, statistics harvesting and analytics.
* Experience in software scaling, resource monitoring and horizontal scaling of software systems.
* Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.