* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
* 8+ years of IT experience with 6+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale application/system/platform/integration architectures
* Proven strong technical architecture and design skills in popular programming languages like ReactJS, node.js, Java, PHP, Python, Go, Scala and Clojure
* Experience with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Heroku
* Experience of code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
* Understanding of Enterprise Search, Cognitive services and Natural Language processing a plus
* Experience with Microservice based architecture and containerization technologies such as docker or Kubernetes
* Salesforce experience preferred
* Basic understanding of data modeling, PL/SQL and NoSQL
* Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven
* Sound knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms
* Understanding of non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
* Deep understanding of secure coding practices
* Advanced understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization strategies and best practices
* Knowledge of agile software development process
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
* Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
* Comfortable working in a team based and collaborative environment
* Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Who You'll Work With
You will be a core member of the Technology & Digital team working out of our Waltham, Massachusetts Service Center. Our Technology & Digital function provides for all of the firm's internal software development needs. The goal is to provide McKinsey's business thought leaders the tools and knowledge they need as they work with clients around the globe.
You will work closely with the global product teams. Your goal is to design and maintain a best in class software products that provides users a simplified and user-centric experience that is useful, engaging and drives impact for them and the firm. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group and enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be a key contributor on a global product development team and will be responsible for the overall technical architecture, design and delivery of one or more products.
In this role you will architect a new framework from scratch in the firm for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation. You will be solely responsible for the GDPR implementation from the technical space.
You will provide thought leadership to the senior leaders for the direction of the overall products you are responsible for and how to manage and evolve our architectures. You will work with multiple teams to provide technical guidance, oversight and identify industry best practices in architecture and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business.
You will be an active learner: tinkering with new open source libraries, using unfamiliar technologies and inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields. You will provide leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, technologies. On a daily basis you will use your passion and knowledge about secure coding practices, code quality and good engineering practices such as test-driven development, simple code, automated testing and deployments, continuous integration and continuous deployment. You will provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the architects and technical leads to improve our organizational capability.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.