* BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
* Experience with DevOps processes and culture
* Experience in establishing error budgets
* Experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCi, GitHub, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
* Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering (Java, Ruby, Node.js, and others)
* Minimum 1 year in reliability and performance engineering role
* Comfortable in writing code using the same code quality and engineering practices expected from core application developers (Test driven development, Integration, Security, Acceptance testing)
* Understanding of web and database technologies, concepts and design elements of on premise, cloud based and hybrid architectures
* Strong understanding of presentation tiers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, IIS)
* Experience with containerized environments (Dockers, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
* Experience with at least one of the major cloud IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
* Strong hands on skills with server operating systems and environments (Linux, Windows)
* Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing
* Knowledge of (shell) scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Perl, etc.)
* Working experience with monitoring and data analysis tools (Splunk, Nagios, Prometheus, AppDynamics, etc.)
Who You'll Work With
You will work with various T&D product teams using a variety of technologies to ensure high application reliability, scalability and availability in our New York office.
You will spend your time with intelligent, values-driven colleagues, and you'll be a member of highly collaborative team of experts. You'll work with T&D leaders, McKinsey business sponsors & stakeholders, and global product and service teams to help teams deliver breakthrough digital products and services and continuously improve.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on learning and having impact . We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to constantly learn and grow. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will manage multiple complex projects and deadlines simultaneously, focusing heavily on an automation and orchestration strategy for existing and new McKinsey applications/products.
You will also pair with platform Site Reliability Engineering to build necessary infrastructure such as code components. You will help to troubleshoot software application issues and identify modifications needed in supported applications to ensure high reliability and availability.
Additionally, you will assist Application Product teams with integrating standard DevOps Foundation Products and help advance Site Reliability Engineering role definition in general. You'll leverage your strong software development background and passion for application reliability, scalability and supportability.
You will work closely with product teams to guide and enable them on setting up robust CI/CD pipelines, ensure product teams incorporate aspects of reliability, testability and supportability during various stages of product development lifecycle. You'll passionately work towards advancing DevOps principles such as automation, TDD, secure coding practices, etc.
You will also develop tooling necessary to address any supportability needs of our product teams. You'll ensure good engineering practices such as test driven development, automated testing and deployments, continuous integration, etc. At the same time, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and inspire your peers and more junior team members to learn and expand their skill set, guiding them on SRE and DevOps culture and principles.
As a Technical lead in Application Development team, you will embrace a non-hierarchical trust and transparency and should be comfortable challenging the status quo.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.