Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Join our team and experience Workday! It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
This role will give you the opportunity to join a team to build a product that is appreciated by thousands of employees from companies like Salesforce.com, Netflix, LinkedIn, Lululemon Athletica, and many others. In this role, you will have a direct impact on Workday's product suite that features the latest innovations in Machine Learning, cloud and mobile technology. And, your contributions will be part of what makes Workday unique: our culture, our core values, and most importantly our people.
Job Description: Workday's Financial Expenses enables workers to complete their spend authorizations and expense reports quickly and accurately and in turn, empower the organization to manage T&E expenses. Our Expenses product impacts virtually every user in our customers organizations, and leverages the unified platform of Workday Financials and HCM to make the expense report processes as seamless and efficient as possible.
We're looking for an experienced individual to join our team to help enhance our product for large enterprise customers who have complex business and accounting requirements. You are eager to learn and combine your technical skills to deliver key results for our team, and will build and enhance the Financials Expenses solution using an object-oriented, metadata-driven design, using in-memory computing technology to solve complex, large-scale business problems.
* Are you a software engineer that wants to contribute to a team that is solving complex business accounting problems that can help millions of users?
* Do you do your best work when collaborating with small agile teams made up of some of the brightest engineers in the industry?
* Do you want to progress in software development by continuously learning from those around you?
* Are you attracted to a work culture that promotes fun, recognition and innovation?
* Experience in designing/developing business applications.
* Experience working with Product Managers to turn complex business requirements into tasks.
* Collaborative team player with proven communication skills.
* Object-oriented design skills, and proficiency in Java, C#, or any other OO language.
* Proficient in Agile development methodologies.
* BS degree in a computer related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience or MS degree with 3 years of experience with web application development or SaaS (Software as a Service), experience emphasizing architecture and design.
* Experience with XML, REST API, and integration technologies is a nice-to-have.
* Experience designing/developing Expenses, Procurement, Accounts Payable or Financial software is highly desirable as is functional knowledge of Financial Accounting, Metadata-driven definitional development.
* A minimum 2 years of experience with unit testing tools like JUnit, other Test-Driven Development tools.
* A minimum of 1 year of UML Modeling.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.