It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Workday Financials application development team is looking for enthusiastic Application Developers with skills in developing enterprise applications. Do you live and breathe apps? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for cloud technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our customers? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and let's talk!
The Financials development team delivers efficient and scalable solutions that are critical for our financial customers to ensure accountability and compliance. The team's overall goal is to provide high business value for our customers, by accelerating the delivery of our product features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expects from Workday financial applications.
Workday has been winning employer of the year awards yearly and constantly hitting unprecedented high levels of customer satisfaction with Quality being the rock solid cornerstone of our business.
As a Software Application Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems, which comes with developing and delivering global mission critical enterprise software using your expertise in design, coding, algorithms and complexity analysis.
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements
* Takes initiative, exhibits creative thinking, has the drive to turn ideas into reality, and has a passion for user experience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
* Minimum 5 years' experience with Web application development or SaaS (Software as a Service)
* Minimum 2 years' experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns
* OO design and development experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, C#, etc...
* Experience designing/developing business applications (knowledge of Financials Products is a plus).
* Must be a collaborative team player with Proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
* Minimum 1 year' experience with Agile methodologies
* Minimum 2 years' experience working with Product Managers and understanding/ breaking down complex business requirements into tasks
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* A minimum of 1 Year of UML Modelling
* A knowledge of financial products is highly desirable
* Minimum 2 years of experience with unit testing tools like JUnit, other Test-Driven Development tools
* Metadata-driven definitional development experience * Basic experience with XML and Integration technologies
* 4 year degree in a computer related field or equivalent.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.