* Job: 15993-BHAM * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Advanced Support * Seeking engineers with demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Design and software integration methods to work alongside our Development team to advance our products and solve complex technical problems faced by MathWorks' customers in interfacing MATLAB with external languages and object systems such as C++, Python, Java, and .NET.
Day to day responsibilities:
1) Collaboration with Development
* Contribute to Development activities including providing feedback on requirements and use cases, prototyping solutions and evaluating the product based on a user perspective. * Propose changes and influence product direction by leveraging your knowledge of trends on customer pain points and workflows.
2) Working with Customers
* Lead the resolution of escalated and advanced technical issues from customers. * Coordinate and lead strategic, technical discussions with customers.
3) Technical Knowledge Investment
* Develop and deliver content to demonstrate the features and capabilities of MATLAB (ex: demos and examples, white papers, advanced training etc). * Mentor engineers in their technical and career growth.
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required. * Demonstrated experience in/with object oriented design
* 3+ years of professional work experience in software development * Knowledge of at least one of the following: C++. Java, C#, and Python * Knowledge of debugging and development toolchain for at least two of Windows, Linux or Mac OSX * Experience in software integration methods and challenges * Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Familiarity with MATLAB is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.