Caci International Inc
Software Application Engineer
Req #: 218038
Location: Florham Park, NJ US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Job Description: Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset - we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We're always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
LGS is seeking a Software Engineer II, under general direction, design and implement application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
* Design, develop, test and maintain application software, primarily in C++, on custom sensor and wireless communications systems
* Understand customer requirements to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
* Interface with existing 3rd party software and hardware components and systems.
* Integrate with visualization tools and packages.
* Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
* Support system and field testing as required
* Document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
* Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions.
* Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
A minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience
* Experience developing application software for real-time environments
* Experience programming in C++
* Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Perl, Python, BASH
* Experience developing APIs for command and control over unreliable communications links
* Experience developing in the Linux environment and implementing Linux applications
* Familiarity with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
* Familiarity with communication theory, wireless protocols, and control theory
* Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required, including Microsoft SharePoint
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
Preferred Qualifications / Desired Skills:
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Familiarity in signal processing and communication theory
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc