For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180918-7829: Software/Application Developer
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/5/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Software/Application Developer to support the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, VA. The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities.
The Software/Application developer will facilitate performance testing and tuning configurations on analysis tools. The ideal candidate will be experienced with Java, PHP, Database Background, SQL, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat, Web UI, Angular, GO, and Elastic Search.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Working with a team to develop user facing and/or back-end applications for the customer.
* Troubleshooting and improving existing code to maximize performance and correct deficiencies.
* Adhering to the Agile Development process as defined by the software development team.
* Security Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Education: Bachelors Degree in a related field.
* Certifications: Security+ or other industry standard certifications
* This position may be filled at multiple grades based on experience: Minimum of 2 years related technical experience for a level 2 role, minimum of 5 years related technical experience for a level 3 role, minimum of 9 years related technical experience for a level 4 role.
* Familiarity with the Agile Development process
* Experience developing web applications and Ozone Widgets in particular
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* Red hat Enterprise Linux experience
* Web programming experience
* Experience with a J2EE application server
* Experience with Amazon Web Services Cloud environment