* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19006584
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT:
At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to improve people's lives. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit. Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change the Global Digital and Cloud Technology organization has been designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
As a Software Development Engineering Manager for Digital Payments systems, you'll provide platform, product and customer experience leadership in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will be responsible for the design of complex, multi-system environments taking into account production, testing and development environments. The role requires expertise in designing solutions that integrate hardware, operating systems, software solutions and connectivity into a target solution. The role requires critical review and analysis of business requirements for both internal and external clients. You will provide expert knowledge of technical architecture and serve as Subject Matter Expert to Senior Technology managers, Business, Operations and Technology teams. You should have a background in designing solutions across a number of payment related capabilities including customer-facing payment experiences, payment processing, risk/limit models, purchase authorizations.
As an Engineering manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Technical Program Managers, Product Managers and other Software Development Engineers across the company. You will design, build and own mobile-first features and programs that will delight our customers. You will identify and communicate risks associated with component or application implementation. You will manage and guide the development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes. You will lead the engineering teams to sequence application component released
You will need to work directly with senior business and technology leaders within the Digital organization as well as across the larger GCB organization. The role is multi-dimensional in the number and tenor of the professional relationships that you will need to develop across the team with these leaders.
* Manage a team of engineers and driving engineering excellence. Career management and development of direct reports
* Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple work streams
* Develop and implement best-in-class processes, metrics and practices
* Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
* Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
* Work closely with senior engineers and staff to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
* Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
* Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
* Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years relevant work experience, including product management experience, including minimum of 5 years of management experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with multiple design and delivery partners including vendors
* Experience with Platform at scale: authentication, enrollment, self-servicing, notifications, transaction processing end-of-day cutoffs with limited to no degradation of system performance
* Development and architecture experience with devices and client technologies such as: Java, Angular, Backbone, Marionette, and React
* Microservices development experience in cloud enabled platform like PCF, AWS using SpringBoot
* Mobile application development experience, i.e. native iOS/Android, hybrid applications, mobile browser preferred
* Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
* The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
* Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
* Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight.
* Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters, ambition to build a new reference for the payment industry
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
Citigroup is a diversified financial services holding company that provides various financial products and services.