Software and Embedded Systems Quality Assurance Leader
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a software and embedded systems quality leader. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in implementing/driving software quality systems that support delivery of high quality software and embedded systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
● Define and implement software quality management systems in collaboration with the software development, functional safety, supply chain, homologation/regulatory and other relevant teams
● Align systems with industry best practice and industry standards where appropriate and as required by regulation
● Integrate these systems into overarching enterprise quality management
● Set appropriate targets for process maturity and quality metrics in conjunction with executive management and as appropriate for market and product. Play a primary role in continuous improvement efforts.
● Emphasize design/development for quality while supporting a robust verification and validation regime
● Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to optimize processes and standards for agility and innovative outcomes
● Identify and implement relevant training
● Play a primary role in verifying and validating software/embedded systems
● Be responsible for compliance with requirements within software and electronics teams
● Proactively influence code and hardware quality through active involvement of yourself and your team in review of architecture, design specifications, relevant design artifacts, requirements and test cases.
● Support evaluation of software suppliers and approval of their work products
● a comprehensive understanding of the dimensions of quality for software and embedded systems
● experience delivering software and/or embedded systems products as the quality leader
● understanding and experience with the practices necessary to yield quality software, hardware and related systems
● a working understanding of the common defects in software and software-enabled systems
● understanding of and experience using best practices to evaluate software and electronic hardware quality, including test methods, related metrics, relevant tools/tool chains
● Adequate knowledge to train quality engineers
● Direct experience proving the integrity of evaluation methods (test, analysis, demonstration, etc.) and tool chains (e.g. tool and process certification)
● Experience implementing, using and maintaining development processes and standards, including software quality assurance and control
● A minimum of ten years of combined experience developing software and providing quality assurance for software / software products.
● experience developing software, especially C/C++, Java, auto generated code from Matlab / Simulink
● experience applying quality management in both agile and waterfall development environments
● experience with test driven development, continuous integration/continuous deployment
● experience in developing software-related quality systems for automotive or other safety related product including with functional safety
● Experience with MISRA and similar code quality systems
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar, Masters preferred
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team,
our products, and our community.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company reimagining what a car can be.