For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military's growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: SOF Exercise Designer
Location: Coronado, CA
Components of USSOCOM have the responsibility to execute large-scale training exercises designed to enhance readiness and prepare SOF units for deployment. At Naval Special Warfare Command (NAVSPECWARCOM), the Training Support SMEs will facilitate planning and execution of SOF core activities and SOF-CF I3; augment/replicate critical staff planning positions and provide SOF exercise planning and execution products throughout the JELC IAW SOF, Joint, Service, GCC training objectives. This position supports the TRIDENT series of exercises.
* Draft forms and conduct coordination as required to schedule training areas and support events for CNSWG-1 exercises.
* Maintain electronic library of CNSWG-1 ranges/target sites include coordination instructions, points of contact, relevant imagery or photos, and site visit notes.
* Assist with consolidating NSW and joint force training objectives to ensure target site presentation meets priority objectives.
* Assist with synchronization of personnel supporting target site preparation such as: active duty/reserve/contracted OPFOR, interagency and DOD agency role players.
* Assist with coordinating target simulations such as: emitters, mock-ups, moulage, and post assault (SSE) materials.
* Liaise with TRADET and SRT-1 to ensure continuity of effort across Inter Deployment Training Cycle (IDTC), ensuring culmination exercise events build upon Unit Level Training (ULT) and Task Group Integration Training (TGIT) evolutions.
* Support TRADET field training exercises (FTX) when required.
* Participate in after action reviews.
Experience and Education
* Minimum 12 years of special operations experience
* Minimum of 4 years of recent experience serving in a command, senior enlisted advisor, or primary staff billet in a SOF (USSOCOM/TSOC), Service, Joint Staff, OSD, or 3-4 Star level Service/GCC HQs
* Minimum of 4 years of recent experience serving in a SOF operational level HQs
* Graduate of Service ILE or Enlisted equivalent preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in exercise and scenario design and management
* Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting joint and coalition operations and training
* Minimum of 4 years of experience with Service, SOF, and Joint doctrine, planning, operations, training, and exercises
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in developing operational products to support GCC and TSOC SOF/CT exercises
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in researching and integrating current intelligence and operations to develop complex scenarios, studies, and analysis related to SOF core activities for all geographic areas
* Minimum of 4 years of experience to communication exercise design details with operational level exercise planners, staffs, and commanders; interagency partners, and partner nation exercise planners
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.