Course Hero is looking for a Social Media & Design Intern whose creativity, visual eye, and social savvy will help us grow our brand perception and audience to college students and educators. In this role, you will support our Content Marketing team on the day-to-day management and growth of Course Hero’s social platforms, including LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. In addition, you’ll gain hands-on experience as a content creator. The ideal intern will have the unique blend of passion for social data and technical design talent.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll work on high-visibility projects, like managing and compiling social data across all social platforms to determine year-over-year growth and other emerging trends, to be presented to the brand and marketing team.
- You’ll assist in creating engaging and compelling visual content to be published on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You’ll collaborate across the marketing team (brand, digital, etc.) to help brainstorm and create assets for integrated marketing campaigns.
- You’ll research and curate content for use across social and our editorial blogs.
- You’ll help monitor brand sentiment across social platforms, but especially Twitter and Facebook.
- You’ll wrap up your internship experience with a bulked-up design portfolio and hands-on experience with data analytics and social media management.
Are you our star Social Media & Design Intern?
You are an enthusiastic self-starter. We’re a small (but scrappy!) team, and oftentimes if you want things done, it’ll be on you to move a project or initiative forward. Consider yourself a jack-of-all-trades.
You have advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
You are able to work independently in an ambiguous environment and adapt as you go - picturing success and plotting a course to get there.
You are proactive. You’re unafraid to speak up with a good idea, share your knowledge with the team, or test an idea you’re curious about.
- You are collaborative. A true team player, you recognize the importance of others’ perspectives and talents to help make your work better, and value their feedback.
- You are detail oriented. Great content needs a great eye for detail, whether it’s for social copy or last minute touches to a photo or video.
- The internship will run for 10 weeks from June to August (start date flexible), and is a paid, full-time internship. Interns must be available for the full duration of the program.
- Prospective intern candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Candidates should provide a portfolio of design work readily available.
- Must be local to the Bay Area and willing to travel to Course Hero’s office located in Redwood City.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Free weekly and discounted lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Commuter benefits and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Course Hero is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to succeed at any time, from anywhere. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, on-demand tutors, homework help, video study guides, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. We seek to hire individuals whose values, integrity and drive for our mission make our team better as a whole. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to push us toward the future!
This is a full-time internship position located at our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About Course Hero
Instant access to millions of Study Resources, Course Notes, Test Prep, 24/7 Homework Help, Tutors, and more. Learn, teach, and study with Course Hero. Master Your Classes™