No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical Lead/Cyber Security SME to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security, Customs Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC).
* Provides subject matter expertise on enterprise information security architecture as applied to the organization's overall security strategy.
* Advises program on overall risk levels and security posture.
* Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area(s) of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
* Manages and conducts hands-on technical analysis as a supplement to the Incident Response and Forensics Teams during high-visibility or high-workload investigations
* Serves as a contractual "Task Lead" with supervisory responsibilities over technical teams
* Guide and mentor multiple team-leads ranging from a number of cyber security technical disciplines, including SIEM, network assurance, host assurance, web assurance, etc.
* Provides subject matter expertise in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
* Articulates daily challenges to the Program Manager to support SOC development and growth
* Interprets and advises on patterns of noncompliance with program standards and adherence to industry best practices to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team's cyber security mission and objectives.
* Interprets and advises on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
* Develops short-term and strategic training events for the assigned team.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, telecommunications, or a related technical field, and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Must have a minimum of a DoD Secret Clearance and in addition, must be able to obtain a DHS CBP BI clearance as well.
* Active Advanced cyber security certification(s) in at least one (1) of the following: Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP); CISSP®-ISSMP: Information Systems Security Management Professional; or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
* Minimum 5 years of direct project and program management experience in delivery of information systems or computer network support services
* In-depth understanding of cyber security architectures, technical platforms and threat management standards and industry best practices.
* Subject matter expertise on enterprise information security architecture and ability to apply these to the organization's overall security strategy.
* Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise.
* Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cyber security lapses as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise.
* Ability to apply an organization's goals and objectives to develop and maintain the team's operations architecture.
* Knowledge of integrating the team's goals and objectives into team's technical and/or functional architecture.
* Strong ability to work well with a diverse staff base.
* Demonstrated experience in making processes more efficient.
* Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise.
* Experience working in a heavily regulated and/or audited environment.
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, especially in conducting cross-training events for the team other cyber security teams.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to execute technology and/or tool automation processes.
* Ability to optimize systems and/or tools to meet enterprise performance requirements.
* Technical (hands-on) experience with Cyber Security Incident Handling, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Cyber Security Compliance, Cyber Security Risk assessments, and technical procedure documentation
* Knowledge of operations testing and evaluation methods as they relate to the Cyber Security area of expertise.
* Experience managing a technical team in an operational environment (SOC considered a plus)
* Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
* Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
* Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.