We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced self-driving vehicles to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an SOC system architect to help our hardware team define and build the next generation of autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with software architects and system architects to solve the most critical problems in the AI world, collaborate with design engineers to implement your ideas, and validate them on the real vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Responsible for SOC chip specifications
* Derive silicon specifications from the software systems and current hardware systems
* Define chip function partitions and interfaces for design team
* Define system level testing criteria for verification team
* Provide detailed documentation for hardware, platform, and software team
* Run performance tests to concept prove the design
* Help with selection of hardware parts and vendors
* Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination education
* Proven success in SOC chip architecture definition and implementation
* Strong background knowledge in networking and/or image processing
* Extensive knowledge in CPU architecture including ARM, MIPS, or Intel processors
* Hands-on experience in PCIe, DDR, Ethernet, and peripherals
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* 10+ years of chip design and SOC architecture experience
* Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
* Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
* Experience with firmware development
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.