"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) is looking for a Tier 1 Analyst to provide Onsite and Offsite support in Washington, DC/Reston, VA. The SOC Analysts (Tier I) will be members of high-tech state of the art Security Operations Centers and will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research. The Cyber Security Analysts will utilize the latest in security technology and be on the fore-front of incident response on site at our Federal Government Client.
Duties will include:
* Understanding and implementing proper Incident Handling procedures.
* Basic understanding of information security policies and doctrine, ability to draft, modify and create SOP for use of other team members
* Recognizing vulnerabilities and publicly known attack traffic patterns.
* Evaluating and determine if/when information security violations have occurred through network or device logs, open source research, vulnerability and configuration scan data, and user provided reports.
* Providing technical assistance when needed to system owners.
* The ability to demonstrate understanding and in-depth knowledge of security threats and applying actionable data to processes and procedures.
* The ability to demonstrate understanding and knowledge correlation analysis, along with an understanding of monitoring programs, such as Splunk.
* Maintaining and developing a basic understanding of malware and forensic analysis.
* Coordinating response efforts with various departments within the organization in a cooperative and beneficial manner.
* Demonstrating ownership and understanding of the task and speaking to the client in ad hoc requests regarding team efforts.
* Maintaining situational awareness reports for advanced threats such as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Focused Operations (FO) incidents.
* Daily management of Firewall Blocklists via data provided by threat intelligence, observed internal and external network activity, open source research, and indicators of compromise.
* 1-3 years of experience in Cyber Security environment.
* Must be able to obtain Public Trust level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
* Candidate must be willing to work an 8:30 to 5 PM shift on site, Mon - Fri.
* Candidate must hold at least one (1) certification in the field of information security from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include, but not limited to: GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, Security , CEH, CISSP, CCNA (Security) or equivalent Certifications
* It is highly desired that the candidate is proficient with Microsoft Office programs and is able to utilize them effectively in daily operations for analysis, review, metrics, and status reporting.
* It is highly desired that the candidate holds a specialized tool user certifications such as Splunk Power User.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.