Who We Seek:
* Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
* Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
* Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
* Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Need:
* Must possess strong organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills.
* Must have the ability and prior experience with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes the identification of malicious code present within a computer system as well identification of malicious activities present within a computer system and/or enterprise network.
* Must have experience working with a ticket management system to collect, document and maintain information pertinent to security investigations and incidents.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
* Must possess experience in monitoring the operational status of monitoring components and escalating and reporting outages of the components.
* Must possess a working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks. A conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required.
* Must possess a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
* Must have experience working with various event logging systems and must be proficient in the review of security event log analysis. Previous experience with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is also required.
* Must have experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
* Must possess experience in collecting and maintaining information pertinent to security investigations and incidents in a format that supports analysis, situational awareness reporting, and law enforcement investigation efforts.
* At minimum, MUST possess an Interim Secret Clearance
* At least three years of experience working in a network security operations center environment performing security event monitoring and analysis.
* 10 hour shifts and must be available to work one of three shifts.
* Certification: Security+, GSEC or equivalent certification is desired but not required.
* Travel: <5%
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.