"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs has an opening for a SME Splunk Administrator in Arlington, VA. Duties include:
* Develop Splunk content to meet customer specified requirements
* Deploy and manage Splunk, Splunk ES, and Splunk UBA to customer specifications and sizing
* Integrate event feeds from customer specified event sources into Splunk
* Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in customer environments
* Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
* Manage Splunk environment health and performance
* Design Splunk Deployments
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience plus ten (10) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications and 12 years of overall IT experience.
* Minimum Qualifications:12 years overall IT Experience
* 10 years' experience with design, configuration, and support of Enterprise Information Systems
* 4 years Splunk 6.x / 7.x or similar SIEM technologies experience
* Experience authoring technical documentation such as Installation/Deployment Procedures
* Experience with Splunk multisite Clustering,
* Experienced at developing enterprise strategic architecture and implementation of Splunk deployments
* Very Proficient with Regular Expressions, Splunk Visualizations, SPL searches, Dashboards and Drill-downs
* Proficiency with creating custom Splunk Add-ons for new and unique sources and sourcetypes
* Proficiency administering RedHat Enterprise Linux systems including bash, vim, SELinux, and syslog/rsyslog/syslog-ng
* Ability to perform basic and advanced scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python
* High quality professional writing and verbal communication skills
* Splunk Admin, Architect, or Architect II Certification or higher is highly desirable
* Active RHCSA (RedHat Certified System Administrator) or higher
* Splunk Dashboard design, configuration, customization, and optimization experience
* Advanced Python scripting skills
* Experience Deploying Updates using Red Hat Satellite Server
* Experience with automating credential management using CyberArk
* Network Management, SNMP; Netcool; platform management desirable
* Experience with Splunk Cloud environment
* Jacobs Education: BS degree in a related discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related discipline, and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related discipline, and two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience.
* Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
* General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
* General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
* Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.• Part time remote support is offered after a probationary period.
Other Essential Functions:
* Problem Solving:
* Must be able to troubleshoot SPLUNK issues and perform root cause analysis
* Must be able to identify new problems and be resourceful in finding their solutions
* Must be a self-starter: able to take a task, run with it, and deliver results
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
* Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.