Mckinsey & Company
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience
* 3+ years of experience building enterprise-level integrations with a focus on performance, scalability and security
* Experience using the Microsoft team or Slack API and writing bots.
* Experience with programming languages - e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java (used with and without frameworks).
* 1+ year experience with full life cycle project implementations
* 1+ years hands on experience configuring, developing and testing web applications
* 2+ years working knowledge of Web Services and various authentication methods (REST/OAuth)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience
* Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in either New York or Waltham, MA and will be part of the Technology & Digital (T&D) team. Our group provides technology support for all of the firm's internal software development needs.
You will work with integrations engineers and business domain experts for Slack (or similar tool) integrations to 3rd party/internal systems. We champion operational excellence by building high quality integrations, as well as testing and monitoring applications that help ensure we deliver a first-in-class system. Our work serves a beneficiary role at McKinsey and influences teams across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on learning and having impact. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to constantly learn and grow. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You'll work with T&D leaders, McKinsey business sponsors & stakeholders, and global product and service teams to help teams deliver breakthrough digital products and services and continuously improve.
In this role you'll own technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
You'll participate in the strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs. You'll lead a broad functional area and directs efforts through team leads along with team's overall planning.
You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, and Frontend Engineering to conceptualize and build new features for our large (and growing!) user base. You'll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
You'll develop & implement tests for ensuring the quality, performance, & scalability of our application. You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code. You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.