This contract position is the lead member of a Site Support team that supports the United States government. The team operates within the agency's Information Technology Department. The role specializes in providing Deskside support to the agency's employees. The successful candidate will lead and work within the Site Support team to:
* Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, laptops, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
* Install and configure computer workstations, laptops, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
* Conduct site surveys; assess and document current site configuration and user requirements.
* Perform user equipment moves, new hire setups and terminating user equipment reclamations.
* Image/re-image computer systems; install and configure software.
* Maintain records and accounts within Active Directory and the Asset Management systems.
* Resolve incident tickets, requests for information and service catalog requests.
* Create and maintain Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures; complete operation checklists.
* Provide basic technical and process support to customers in person at our customer site. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
* Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
* Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues. Research questions using available information resources. Advise users on appropriate action.
* Follow standard deskside procedures. Log all deskside interactions and resolves issues; escalates issues as required.
* Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention to appropriate resource.
* Track and route problems and requests and documents resolutions.
* Participate in IT projects such as computer replacements, mobile device replacements, printer consolidations, site moves, annual asset inventory, conference room setups, etc.
* The Site Support Team Lead is expected to provide friendly, courteous support of all customer employees and contractors. The Site Support Team Lead will be expected to take part in the development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with all internal departments/organizations/employees and the successful candidate will demonstrate service excellence by providing high quality customer service at all times to all customers and internal staff.
* Provide oversight and mentoring of Site Support Technicians.
* AA Degree in related discipline and 5 years related experience. Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Security+ or Microsoft preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite of software.
* Demonstrated experience managing a team of 10 or more staff members.
* Strong knowledge of Desktop, Laptop and peripherals hardware.
* Good communicator with ability to explain complex concepts in plain language, generate enthusiasm, and communicate with all levels of management and staff
* Client oriented and have good customer care skills, understanding clients' needs and concerns
* Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables
* Successfully manage multiple tasks involving planned projects and ad-hoc tasks
* Be motivated, independent and self-sufficient, able to see tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance prior to starting work.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability