Ropes & Gray
The Site Support Specialist provides internal customer service, second level problem resolution, and, desktop technology support & site support. The Support technician also participates in special projects as assigned. This person is responsible and accountable for the overall coordination of technology support and ancillary IT, video-conferencing and telecom functions for an office site.
This position is assigned to the Desktop Services Group and takes day-to-day direction from the Desktop Services Manager.
* Works with callers to resolve normal and unusual information system problems, or escalates as defined in normal operating procedures
* Provides technical support and problem resolution activities for assigned site
* Evaluates equipment requirements for assigned site
* Installs PC's and related hardware; investigates hardware problems and performs minor repair
* Interfaces with vendors & R&G Technical Services for resolution of telecom, video-conference, network, systems, and/or related hardware problems
* Uses technical tools and knowledge to meet or exceed performance standards and expectations
* Develops a knowledge of Firm's total computing environment and the quality management processes and practices
* Utilizes the approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
* Employs the application systems needed to deliver services to internal customers
Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Bachelor degree in the field of computer science or 5 years equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of and experience in configuring, installing and supporting the hardware and connectivity components of single user workstation
* Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems
* Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including [Windows 10, Office 2016]
* Broad application support experience in a legal environment
* Knowledge of video-conferencing and telecom support
* Experience with Blackberry, iOS and Android devices in an enterprise environment
* Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
* Knowledge of Asset Tracking and process.
* Must be able to understand the organization's culture, philosophy and values
* Ability to provide excellent service, understanding customer needs and expectations
* Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent objectives or activities
* Ability to provide solutions and best practices for solving problems
* Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly deliver information to users of all technological levels. Thorough and accurate documentation of trouble tickets, capturing new information in Knowledge base articles.
* Ability to deal with and adapt to a change in the environment
* Proactively seeks out work and completes project goals
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
* Ability to offer constructive feedback to and accept direct feedback from others
* Sitting/standing for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Work Hours: Workday schedule may vary according to business needs and requires working shift hours and/or being on pager duty, travel may be required. Upon the request of manager, incumbent may be required to work over time to complete the necessary functions of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes and Gray is an international law firm offering a diverse range of consultancy services for legal and business needs.