JP Morgan Chase
Site Reliability Engineering - Platform Support
Req #: 190019038
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls organization (CTC) within JPMorgan Chase & Co. operates as part of Global Technology directly accountable to the CIO of the firm and providing cybersecurity services to all lines of business (LOB) across JPMC. The CTC organization's objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent and respond to cyber threats against our technology & business infrastructure.
The Cyber Site Reliability Engineer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co technology in support of the data protection program. The successful candidate will design, engineer and maintain the end to end reliability frameworks and common components . She/He will lead building performance test as a service, Dynamic configuration, circuit breaker component, chaos engineering framework and other common components
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Help develop new data protection technology strategies which ensure data protection is an inherent part of the technology fabric of the firm.
* Developing robust, scalable, resilient, instrumented enterprise systems driven by strong requirements based design
* Applying software engineering concepts to IT operational challenges
* Support the Firm's goals in data protection.
* Nurturing a robust Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) culture
* Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the data protection technology platform
* Experience in developing, or engineering software, platforms and/or infrastructures
* Experience with modern monitoring capabilities such as AppD, Splunk, Nagios, as well as other instrumentation technologies
* Experience in developing and configuring synthetic monitoring for APIs Gomez, SiteScope, Apica..
* Strong experience in performing core dump and thread dump analysis
* Experience in performing in packet analysis/ network capture analysis
* Experience with performance testing tools Jmeter..
* Experience in one or more of: Python, Java, and Shell Scripting
* Good working knowledge of Linux/Unx OS
* Good Working knowledge of Relational databases and No SQL
* Experience developing tools for automation, monitoring and troubleshooting
* Experience in tuning High available and resilient systems
* Experience in cloud engineering/Automation ( Kubernetes, Docker ..)
* Experience with RESTful services, GIT/GitHub, Kubernetes, Jenkins
* Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code
* Ability to triage issues and identify the perform root cause analysi
* Experience in a Site Reliability Engineering role.
* Dev tools experience (Github, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
* Digital rights management experience
* Experience in Graph Databases (ex: Neo4j, ArangoDB)
* Understanding of tokenization, data masking, data dispersion techniques
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.