Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Site Reliability Engineers. You will support the application and cloud administration activities required to manage the application infrastructure that underpins the Laboratory's business services and programmatic missions. This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) Division in the Computing Directorate, supporting the LivIT Program.
* Design and implement highly available web/application/cloud/container/virtualization tier infrastructures required to support enterprise-centric IT service delivery.
* Leverage systems programming expertise to automate and manage service orchestration, monitoring, configuration management, security, and patch management of web/application/cloud/container/virtual server infrastructures and services.
* Collaborate with customers, IT managers, developers, team members, systems administrators, database administrators, and security administrators to jointly develop highly available infrastructures/services that meet business/programmatic need through the application of Information Technology.
* Manage systems architectures throughout their systems development lifecycle, including: risk analysis, capacity planning, systems architecture and design, development, quality assurance, documentation, standards enforcement, implementations and upgrades, security compliance/vulnerability remediation, and performance monitoring.
* Support the Lab's service delivery transition from traditional on-premises infrastructures to hybrid/cloud/container implementations.
* Provide superior problem remediation support within the web/application/cloud/container tier environments in support of negotiated Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
* Support multiple web/application/cloud/container tier infrastructures within the Microsoft Azure Stack, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes containerization environments.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Significant experience in architecting and managing cloud and/or container service infrastructure transitions; including implementation, monitoring, operational support, security, and lifecycle management of web/application/cloud/container tier infrastructures to support enterprise-level service delivery with explicit experience leveraging cloud services platforms (Azure and/or AWS) and/or containerization (Docker and/or Kubernetes).
* Advanced experience with systems programming to configure, monitor, and automate the management of web/application/cloud/container infrastructures and/or administering identity management and authentication services required to maintain the requisite security posture of deployed web/application/cloud/container infrastructures and associated services.
* Advanced ability to partner with customers, IT managers, developers, database administrators, systems administrators, and security administrators to jointly create web/application/cloud/container infrastructures/services that meet business requirements.
* Advanced knowledge in UNIX and Windows O/S administration, security, and performance tuning.
* Significant experience in leveraging the Ansible automation/orchestration tool suite to effectively and efficiently manage a large portfolio of enterprise services; including O/S administration, configuration management, and security administration.
* Significant experience in managing and/or leveraging the Microsoft Azure Stack and VMWare virtualization infrastructures to support the delivery of enterprise services.
* Advanced communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present, explain, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
* Experience implementing, managing, and integrating identity management and application authentication/authorization technologies such as SAML, OAuth and/or MFA
* Experience working in a compliance-driven and secure environment, as well as project management experience with large, enterprise COTs application implementations
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.