Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Req #: 190038313
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Participate in the full development lifecycle of creating automated solutions including noiseless alerting and the mitigation of toil and technical debt
* Troubleshoot production processing and execute problem resolution through post-issue evaluations, root-cause analysis and remediation.
* Participate in the Agile software development process as a member of our scrum teams.
* Analyze and address failure patterns and incidents in a team setting
* Analyze, performance test, document and identify optimization opportunities within our software stack.
* Design and implement performance tests, identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, and present solutions for continuous improvements
* Design best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
* Leverage your background, knowledge and experience to coach or manage teams as applicable
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a relevant technical field
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Expert practitioner in one or more technology domains, should be a cross-domain expert, with the ability to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Familiarity with infrastructure components such as routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.