Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systemOkta Access Gateway team is looking for an SRE who is passionate about security, availability and scale to join our newly forming team.
Okta Access Gateway solves the hybrid IT access problem for enterprises, connecting on-premises applications shipped from enterprise software vendors along with custom-built, on-premises applications to the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Access Gateway is a proxy that can be deployed in a customer's datacenter or on top of IDaaS providers. Okta Access Gateway provides all the same authentication techniques, risk profiles, conditional access policies that can be applied to SaaS applications to on-premises applications from vendors such as Oracle, IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
The ideal candidate is an experienced infrastructure generalist, who excels at understanding complex problems and working with the systems, teams and tools needed to automate everything and deliver a great experience to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Automating AWS and GCP infrastructure with Terraform and/or other infrastructure management and automation tools
* Building, updating and installing packages using yum on virtualized and/or bare-metal systems running CentOS/RHEL
* Experience working in a 24/7 environment to ensure the service is "Always On"
* Working closely with an engineering team that likes infrastructure and ships often
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* 5+ years of operations experience in a cloud and on-premises hybrid environment
* Experience working with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar automation tools
* Experience with configuring and managing AWS (Amazon Web Services) using the CLI/SDKs
* Experience working closely with Software Engineers, and Support and to deploy and support production infrastructure
* Experience working with comprehensive monitoring / alerting infrastructure
* Demonstrate solid problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on ownership and responsibility
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
* A willingness to work weekends and/or holidays as required by the business or emergency escalations
* Linux certifications such as Linux+, RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA or similar
* Experience working in a security-oriented cloud environment
* Experience debugging software using gdb, strace, ltrace, tcpdump, etc
* Experience working with Docker orchestration and management
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta (formerly known as SaaSure) is a provider of an independent identity management platform for enterprises.