Site Reliability Engineer Lead
Req #: 190043934
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a technical Subject Matter Expert that pro-actively drives the technical stability and performance of the applications in the Chase global technology portfolio. They combine software and systems engineering to design solutions in physical, virtual and cloud environments that automate fault detection, containment, and resolution without customer impact or human intervention. These solutions typically involve software development for metrics and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection, and self-healing.
Our Senior Site Reliability Engineer have a full understanding of the hardware and software architecture of the applications within the end to end business flow and are responsible for guiding/implementing operational technologies in next gen solutions while driving down current technical debt. Working in an Agile DevOps model with Architecture, Operations, Application Development and Infrastructure engineers, they pro-actively develop reusable patterns/solutions that enhance the health and performance of our global platforms, and identify/solve chronic technical issues. They ensure that the developed solutions address non-functional requirements including:
* Performance and Interoperability Requirements
* Application scalability/Capacity Management
* Standards, best practices and Compensating Controls
* Solution designs that are fit for purpose
* Logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, self-healing
* High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, Chaos Engineering
* Service and Operational Level Agreements
* Application Knowledge Support Artifacts, etc.
* Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to cultivate relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas, problem/solution/business value descriptions that can be understood by a broad audience in a time sensitive environment.
* 10+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
* 4+ years' experience with building large scale enterprise applications
* Provide technical leadership with solutions architecture and building frameworks
* Experience building low latency and high frequency systems.
* In depth, Hand-on knowledge of Java 8
* Hands on experience with building CI/CD
* Experience with private cloud - PCF
* Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience working with PCI is a plus
* Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related stack on premise or cloud
* Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.)
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework
* Mission critical systems experience in a globally distributed framework
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing
* Experience with DevOps model and tools
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
* Experience with Chaos Engineering
* Technical leadership experience; driving initiatives through the entire project lifecycle, mentoring and guiding other team members, driving team/project success in a highly collaborative, collegiate environment
* People management experience; building and developing a team, helping staff develop their skills and achieve career objectives, driving team to achieve organizational objectives, driving employee satisfaction
* Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.