Site Reliability Engineer
Req #: 190023062
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
JP Morgan Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda within the Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) which serves over 50 million customers, and builds on the success of the our market leading mobile and online service offerings. JPMC is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and create the most compelling digital experience in the financial services industry. We are looking for talent that will help us position JPMC as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments, enabling JPMC to deliver highly personalized, real time experiences that wow our customers.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will dive head-first into creating or applying innovative solutions and techniques that advance the reliability of our Digital products. You will join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, visibility, availability, scalability and performance of existing software and new products. You will be tasked with driving efficiency through automation of manual processes, deep dive into incidents and facilitate blameless post mortems. You will drive a measure everything approach through standardized telemetry in order to drive improved alerting, decision making, analysis, error budgeting, and various optimizations. You will bring an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development methodologies such as Agile. And best of all, you will be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS degree or equivalent experience
* Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across heterogeneous systems
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Highly proficient in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java
* Understanding of Agile delivery principles
* Proven experience in development/support of REST API interfaces, streaming applications, SQL and No-SQL DBs (specifically with Cassandra), Spring Boot, distributed caching solutions such as Hazelcast and Gemfire.
* Experience implementing API gateway products like Datapower and Apigee, and in evaluating open source and vendor products
* Experience conducting hands on POCs to prove concepts/products, building distributed systems at Internet scale, migrating applications to internal and external clouds.
* Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing.
* Experience with tuning high volume applications
* Strong understanding of concurrency patterns, data structures and algorithms, and strong understanding of domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architectures.
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures. Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.