Microsoft's C+E Security Division builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational "dial-tone" platforms in Azure to the systems that back offerings like Office 365, Advanced Threat Protection, and Azure Information Protection. We work as a team across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program management, security, and ML specialists to protect, detect, and remediate adapting and evolving threats.
* BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in at least one of the object-oriented computer languages: C#, C++/C, or Java
* 1+ years of experience in software architecture and design
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* 2+ years of Software Engineering and experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
* Capable of technical deep-dives into networking, service design, operating systems and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to engage in strategy discussions with leadership team members
* Experience in SDLC, distributed systems, networking, hardware, logistics and operations or capacity planning
* A passion for building and participating in highly effective teams and development processes
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
* Strong debugging, testing / validation and analytics/SQL skills
* Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing OLA/SLAs
* Statistics experience and bias for measurement and driving action with metrics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services.
* Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
* Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, service integration and geo-expansion, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Conduct periodic on call duties
* Ability to build and drive consensus towards common goals and priorities through advanced impact and influence skills.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.