GCP Applied Technologies
About GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies Inc. is $1B, industry-leading public company with customers in more than 110 countries, operations on six continents, and an energized team of 2,000 employees. Our R&D Center is located at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Our products are found in world-renowned landmarks, from the subway systems to the world's tallest buildings. We are #1 in cement additives and #2 in concrete admixtures; #1 in bonded pre-applied waterproofing membranes and a global leader in waterproofing technologies. Our technologies reduce the environmental impact of our customers' products and environment, health, and safety are core to our business and our culture.
The GCP worldwide team is as diverse as the many countries where we operate. Together, we create and collaborate, sharing a commitment to focus, to professionalism, to knowledge applied, to teamwork, and to outperform. When we enable our customers to succeed, so do we.
GCP has developed a new industry subcategory, In-Transit Concrete Management. The company's flagship solution in this sub-category is Verifi, a complex electromechanical control system for managing the properties of concrete during delivery. We convert the large data sets generated from these deliveries into simple and useful tools that help our customers run smarter operations and design better concrete.
Site Reliability Engineer
The Verifi In-Transit Concrete Management System combines Industrial IOT, device automation, chemistry, machine learning, big data and "real-time" stream data processing in the cloud to revolutionize concrete production and delivery. This disruptive technology has been proven to be effective in the field and is already being widely adopted globally, with more truck installations every day. To support this demand, we are building the next generation of our cloud platform from the ground-up using cutting edge open source technologies and best practices for development, CI/CD and security.
We are looking for a SRE with a focus on security to join the SRE team in our Software Engineering Organization. In this role you will be a key contributor to our efforts to harden and secure our new application platform and infrastructure as it is developed. The focus of the role will be ensuring to secure cloud applications and protection of data against theft, loss, or other disasters. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-moving software development team doing green-field development to solve real-world problems at scale. Our team can take advantage of all the resources and benefits of the larger GCP organization, but as an independent software engineering team we are also able to define our own technologies and processes without the overhead that you might expect. We also believe that only a healthy team can build healthy systems, so prioritize a sustainable life-work balance and provide many great benefits like an on-campus gym and cafeteria.
If you are passionate about tackling the hard problems inherent in securely running a global, business-critical infrastructure that support thousands of complicated IOT devices and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a diverse team focused on iterative development and improvement, then we would like to speak to you about the opportunities at GCP Applied Technologies.
Responsibilities of this role include:
* Enable autonomy, collaboration, and continuous improvement with clear and constructive communication
* Ensure compliance industry standards, such as SOC, ISO, or HIPAA, without disruption to productivity
* Create confidence and certainty in deployments with immutable infrastructure built and tested using CI/CD
* Provide deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
* Participate in design and code reviews
* Build and support services which enable predictability, and visibility - metrics, analytics, service-mesh
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Three or more years of hands-on experience operating linux-based applications running on 3rd-party cloud provider resources like AWS.
* Experience with microservice architecture and containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
* Proven ability to implement best practices and procedures across different architectures with different SLAs
* Leverage cutting edge research and methodologies of industry leaders where risk appropriate.
* Experience with Kafka, Zookeeper, Prometheus, Terraform
* Working knowledge of distributed computing fundamentals: CAP Theorem, Paxos, Vector/Lampert Clocks
* Understanding of standard networking and security protocols such as: TCP/IP encapsulation, certificate management and provisioning, BGP
* Eliminates "one-off" scripting by building applications in Golang, Ruby, Java, Python or similar
This position is full-time on site at our Cambridge campus.
Travel less than 10%.
About GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies sells chemicals and materials used in construction as well as sealants and coatings used in packaging.