The Product Manager role within Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is at the heart of fulfilling SRE's mission: making things faster, more reliable, and preparing for the continued growth of AMS's infrastructure. In this role, you ensure that systems and services are carefully planned and deployed, taking into account multiple variables such as price, availability and scheduling, while always keeping the bigger picture in mind. This umbrella role is responsible for ensuring the success of complex projects, ranging from a few weeks to multi-year commitments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate that he or she is able to build teams, nurture talent, and thrive in a self-starter environment. They will also have a proven track record in working with developers and product teams and be comfortable engaging with both technical and business focused leaders at all levels of the organizations.
As the technical Product Manager at AMS, we need you to take ownership of products that require technical expertise to manage effectively. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team.
This job will provide many opportunities for professional growth. You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits.
You will need to be comfortable wearing many hats and be willing to constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company's mission and your impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the AMS Platform Architecture
* Develop relationships with principal developers, and platform architects across feature teams
* Contribute to improving the site reliability, availability, security, scalability, performance, latency and efficiency of AMS's 24x7x365 mission critical services and products.
* Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and manage the building of automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
* Influence and manage the creation of new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large distributed systems.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Provide direction around operational process, tooling, visibility, and other business-aligned initiatives.
* Ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field
* 7+ years of prior relevant software engineering or DevOps experience.
* Possess the technical skills and experiences with Cloud Service (AWS, Azure, etc) continuous delivery systems and the ability to enhance security operations through automation
* Experience performing integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency to attacks
* Experience with security-oriented programming
* Experience applying coding and testing standards
* Experience with participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, designs and implement systems security and data assurance
* Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
* Knowledge of applying plan, code, build, test, release deploy and monitory process when writing software to automate security operations
* Experience with Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, margining, integration, versioning, etc.)
Skills / Abilities
* Acting advocate and subject matter expert for AMS infrastructure within your product area using communication to manage a variety of initiatives.
* Proficiency creating MVPs, prototypes, incremental rollouts and simple tests to validate ideas and iterate rapidly
* Responsible to define requirements, measure KPIs, track experiments, perform data analysis and frequently ship releases
* Demonstrated interest in doing the right thing for our users, and ability to think critically and strategically about AMS as a business
* * Competency communicating analyses and project recommendations to diverse audiences
* Proven experience leading teams of multifaceted technical SMEs across infrastructure, database, and application roles
* You understand that hope is not a strategy, and that hardware and systems fail regularly. You Accountable to ensure failures are handled and mitigated so they are unnoticed by our customers
* * Encourage a collaborative, independent, flexible, and open minded environment.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
* Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
* Understanding of how software development teams work, and how engineers think.
* Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
* Ability to work with customers/stakeholders, developers, testers, project managers, support staff
* Demonstrate high standards,lead by example, and present an attitude of pride in AMS
Most of all, you love solving hard technical challenges to make a difference in the lives of other people, whether individuals needing some help getting back on their feet or your fellow coworkers!
AMS IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER