Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visulization
We are working on Blockchain technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in
Austin,TX. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
We're seeking a strong SRE to be a part of team tasked with building and managing distributed application. Our ideal candidate has built and maintained distributed applications, loves to write code, Believes in Engineering Craftsmanship.
Multiple Positions are available in Austin, TX and Foster City, CA locations
* Direct client and business exposure
* Writes code in Java / Go / Scala / Python , Familiar with container strategies and ecosystems such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
* Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
* Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, C++
* 2+ years of experience as SRE or 6+ years of experience in Product development and maintainance
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
* Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.