Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
This is a great time to join CDK Global with highly motivated teams to build industry changing platform for the automotive industry. Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform, a technology engine that enables seamless connections and greater collaboration to occur among everyone involved in serving automobile consumers, such as dealers, manufacturers, software developers, lenders and data providers.
Fortellis is growing and expanding. We are looking for passionate site reliability engineer who will be part of the industry changing efforts. This is a hands-on, results oriented position with innovation and execution mindset. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with development teams on a day-to-day basis and responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
This position is based on Austin, TX, Portland, OR, or San Jose, CA
* Design, write, and maintain automatic tasks to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Fortellis platform. Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time.
* Design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management. Plan and execute configuration management.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and datastores.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks.
* Run software performance analysis and system tuning. Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
* Plan and execute disaster recovery drills. Participate in rotating on-call duties. Provide 2nd and 3rd level support 24x7x365 in an on call fashion after hours
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments. Debug, identify problems by monitoring, mining operation data lakes such as Splunk logs
* 3+ year experience in DevOps and/or 3+ years in SRE with AWS or other cloud computing environments
* Prefer people who started as software engineer (3+ years) and then transit to infrastructure or SRE role
* Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting AWS infrastructures
* Experience with continuous deployment in a high availability environment
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field is preferred
* Experience working with agile and distributed teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Systematic problem-solving approach. Strong sense of ownership and drive
* Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks, virtualization and containerization, monitoring systems, and solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
* Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
* RDBMS, No-SQL DB and/or logging experience is a plus
* Experience with all or some of the following technologies: Ansible, Chef, NewRelic, AppDynamics, JMeter, Selenium, Python, CloudWatch, Container development, Continuous Deployment, AB Testing, Splunk, Data lake, Data Warehouse
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About CDK Global
CDK Global provides integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and other industries.