Site Reliability Engineer
The Site Reliability Engineer will play the mission-critical role of ensuring that critical systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
The Site Reliability Engineer will ensure that our web platform scales to meet the needs of our Agents and Digital customers. This role will be responsible for responding to production problems, investigating their causes, and engineering and advising on permanent solutions. This role requires a thoughtful problem solver with excellent communication skills. The Site Reliability engineering team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
* Work with senior engineering and testing team members to build tools and testing strategies for problem prevention and detection.
* Troubleshoot production incidents in real time.
* Lead root cause investigations.
* Create robust logging, monitoring, and alerting systems.
* Proactively identify system anomalies.
* Recommend and execute testing strategies.
* Recognize automation opportunities.
* Participate in on-call rotation and be able to work on weekend during on call schedule.
* Code level debugging on issues escalated to the team.
* Develop tools to automate routine jobs through knowledge learned on the job.
* Plug into software release cycle. Work closely with developers to ensure software releases are well designed, planned, implemented, released, and monitored.
* Automate time-consuming and manual processes.
* BS in Computer Science, or similar degree.
* Exceptional organization and problem solving skills.
* 5 years of experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Experience in one or more of the following: .Net, JS, Duckcreek, Python, Microservices, Cloud based applications.
* Experience with Monitoring tools like AppDynamics.
* Experience with Log management and Elastic Stack.
* Understanding of the Application servers, Network and Databases.
* Knowledge of Jenkins, Urbancode or other build tools.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.