How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon is the prime contractor for the Air Operations Center Weapon System Long -Term Modification and Sustainment (AOC WS LTM&S) Team providing the sustainment and transformation for the Air Force Weapon System. At the AOC Kessel Run Experimental Lab (KREL) we are looking to strengthen and grow our Application Operations team by bringing on board talented SRE engineers to join our platform team that manages large scale physical and virtual server environments that underpins our global WS platform. In this role, you will be involved with and exposed to a wide variety of systems and technologies, but particularly focused on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. The Kessel Run team is aggressively moving towards an "Infrastructure as Code" model. These initiatives include development of end-to-end automation of system builds; platform scaling to support forecasted workload; standardization and improvement of systems/processes/services automation; and data center expansion and migration to the cloud. We are looking for someone with an "automation" mindset to help us accomplish these transformations.
What you'll do
* Own Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for production systems
* Drive faster MTTD/MTTR for critical systems
* Independently troubleshoot Sev1/Sev2 incidents
* Own/Manage/Support baseline Operating System image/templates
* Support CI/CD release pipeline tools
* Maintain and review Desired State Configuration (DSC) DevOps tools and support the provisioning infrastructure
* Own and operate all package repos (python/java/rpm/etc.)
* Drive efficiencies across the Kessel Run hybrid cloud
* Invent innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency
* Drive scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure
* Own production systems scaling & throughput
* Work with other teams to provide consultations in systems architecture support for new and existing production systems
* Participate in on-call support rotation
* Create and maintain detailed system documentation
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance.
* Minimum four years systems administration/Site Reliability/Platform/DevOps background
* Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to data center operations, server hardware, web servers (IIS, jboss, etc.), databases (MS SQL, mySQL, mongoDB), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
* Experience with structured scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab CI etc.
* Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automated testing etc.
* Experience with JVM tuning and optimal configuration
* Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
* Experience with .NET and RestAPIs
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.