The Advanced Server Access team joined Okta through the acquisition of ScaleFT, a startup building Zero Trust infrastructure tools, over the summer. We're hard at work on our product which offers companies a better way to manage access to infrastructure. Our stack is mostly Go, combined with AWS, Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra and more.
We are looking for an SRE who is passionate about security, availability and scale to join our fast-moving team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced infrastructure generalist, who excels at understanding complex problems and working with the systems, teams and tools needed to automate everything and deliver a great experience to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Automating AWS and GCP infrastructure with Terraform
* Building images using Packer
* Automating management of Etcd, Kafka, Cassandra, ELK and more
* Understanding, supporting and scaling a complex microservice-based application
* Working closely with an engineering team that likes infrastructure and ships often
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* 5+ years of operations experience in a cloud environment
* Experience working with Terraform, Ansible, Chef or similar automation tools
* Experience working closely with software engineers to deploy and support production infrastructure
* Experience working with comprehensive monitoring / alerting infrastructure
* Understanding of internet infrastructure: DNS, TCP, TLS, HTTP, etc
* Experience working in a security-oriented cloud environment
* Experience debugging software using gdb, strace, ltrace, tcpdump, etc
* Fascination with distributed systems
* Experience working with Etcd, Kafka, Cassandra and ELK
* Experience building microservice-based infrastructure or working with Kubernetes
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta operates an integrated system that connects persons via devices.