Who are we?
At Marketo (an Adobe company), we are building the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. We are fueled by a real passion for innovation, growth, and a committed dedication to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and creative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a site reliability engineer who designs, assembles and maintains all aspects of network, system and service platforms. The SRE team eliminates inefficiencies and incompatibilities which jeopardize service availability. Key aspects of this role include automation, configuration management and tools development.
This position is in Denver, Colorado
What will you do?
* Write software to improve operations and services availability, efficiency and scalability
* Forecast capacity needs, draft resource utilization reports, and optimize infrastructure spend
* Resolve service outages and build automated responses for recurrence prevention
* Influence development and administration decisions to enhance application integration and delivery
* Address security and compliance concerns, in accordance with company policies
* Identify and roll out new infrastructure technologies and methodologies
* Advance infrastructure as code practices to enable a fully automated and resilient environment
Is this you?
* 3+ years industry experience, including working with cloud technology
* Computer Science BS or equivalent discipline, with at least 3 years' experience (or equivalent experience)
* Programming experience with one or more relevant languages: C++, Go, Java, Python, Ruby, etc
* Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and object-oriented programming
* Extensive experience with large scale, geographically-diverse service environments
* Experience with Linux systems administration, including client-server interaction
* Solid understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models
* Deep knowledge of network, system and service redundancy methods
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
* Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Experience with Elastic Search or equivalent technology.
Why Team Purple?
* Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
* We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
* We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
* Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
* Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo (an Adobe company) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable State or Federal employment discrimination laws.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a multinational computer software company.