The flow of data from markets, systems and 3rd party sources is the life blood for CTC, a firm powered by quantitative analysis and informed trading. Are you passionate about ensuring the ensuring this data continues to flow at high speed, between data centers and the cloud? Do you want to enable impactful research while collaborating with teams to generate and maintain high quality data used to drive decisions? If so, CTC is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer for our Data Operations group. As a member of the team you will strive to ensure that critical data flows effectively. You will invent creative strategies to share it across the firm with high availability. You will partner with researchers in quant and trading, and with skilled data and software engineers to deliver data consistently, and sustainably. You will lead problem solving efforts when issues arise. You will utilize your work experience to deliver value from ideation to hands-on implementation in a dynamic, inclusive cross-team environment.
* You will support research data and systems by designing and supporting operational infrastructure for data platform applications and researchers, triaging data and platform issues, facilitating data platform releases, writing code for improved validation, monitoring and alerting, and defining and ensuring alignment to standards and SLAs.
* You will participate in data platform design by collaborating with quants, traders, software engineers and data engineers to define operationally robust pipelines and service level agreements that meet data specifications and standards
* Your time will include the opportunity and expectation to be continuously learning about new technologies, processes and industry innovations. You will be expected to identify and share potential applications of these innovations along with a prediction of the value they may bring.
* Experienced in an operations or system support role for systems that power reporting, analytics or ETL processes.
* Recent experience launching new production data services, pipelines, and/or ETL processes.
* Strong SQL skills with deep understanding of different data storage technologies.
* Experience in incident and problem management for shared platforms or systems
* Experience supporting and operating integrated systems across on-premise and cloud infrastructure
* Hands on experience implementing programmatic operations for automation of infrastructure.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical derivatives trading community that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.