Search for more jobs
Site Reliability Engineer
* Job: 13965-LLAN
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Information Technology
Do you like to work on cutting edge technologies? Do you like to tackle problems heads-on and prefer to solve them with code? Do you have an engineering mindset to solve complicated infrastructure and architecture problems? Does manual repeatable work bother you? If you answered yes to these questions, then read on:
We are looking for an individual to supplement our team that is continually focused on designing, building, monitoring and maintaining our customer facing as well as internal web applications and infrastructure. In this role, you will work directly with developers and other engineering teams to ensure reliability, scalability and performance of our SaaS and corporate web applications. This position will give you the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and AWS, with a strong focus on eliminating waste via automation. Come join us accelerate our transition from operations to systems engineering.
You are a good fit if you:
* Have an engineering mindset and like to identify potential design and architecture problems before they become actual problems
* Like to be continually challenged with researching and implementing new technologies and processes and take them from inception to implementation
* Challenge yourself and others towards continuous improvement
* Have a strong customer-focused mindset
* Dream of having an excellent work-life balance
* Working with developers and other system engineers to design and build scalable and reliable web infrastructure
* Exploring and implementing automation opportunities to eliminate manual operations
* Orchestrate and automate web application deployments using ARO tools and backend automation
* Design, implement and support observability tool suite across AWS and on-premise applications and infrastructure
* Participate in application and infrastructure deployment activities for applications hosted on-premise and in AWS
* Support development, test and production environments, and participate in rotating on-call support to ensure high availability of our mission critical web applications
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* 3+ years of core web administration skills for managing Java and Ruby applications
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
* Experience with cloud and virtualization based technologies such as AWS and VMWare
* Experience with APM/RUM, infrastructure monitoring and log analysis tool such as Dynatrace, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk
* Experience with scripting languages including but not limited to Python, Bash and Ruby
* Strong Linux administration skills
* Experience with network load balancers such as F5
* Experience with containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS, or Kubernetes a big plus
* Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
* Motivated self-learner
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, as well as independently as needed
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.