As a Site Reliability Engineer on our Buyer Experience team, you'll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of Atlassian's web marketing properties, as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages, and alerts to investigate issues in our marketing platform that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection, configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives, and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
More about you
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers. You will own development efforts in each and every sprint from planning to delivery to realize this goal and collaborate with different teams to review code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
* Deep understanding of Linux systems
* Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
* Deep expertise in monitoring distributed systems application architectures
* Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting user facing service outages ( bonus points for leading a team of engineers during this
* Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services
* Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
* Distributed version control internals (Git)
It's great, but not required, if you have:
* Expertise with one or more: Java or experience with a CMS
* Knowledge of and experience building synthetic (e.g. Selenium) checks for UI functionality
* Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker
* Experience monitoring cloud services with tools like Signal FX or DataDog
* Understanding of ITIL terminology for incident and problem management
* Management and troubleshooting of a continuous integration pipeline
More about our team
We are a growing team within the marketing organization that supports all web marketing efforts at Atlassian. You will play a critical role as you support the reliability and performance of our most important marketing channels, including atlassian.com. bitbucket.org, statuspage.io, opsgenie.com and more. You will work closely with the web developers on the team supporting the development workflow to help them iterate rapidly while keeping stability and reliability as your north star.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.